Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lever Actions in 358 Norma
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gonzo,
I had the same thoughts a while back. Also intriguing is a BAR .458 Win Mag. But gas port and cycling pressures might be issues to work out. No such issues with a BLR rebarrel.

Or a .375 or .416 Taylor.

Posts: 612 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gonzo ----- I think you are on the right track about the action. I had a BAR and BLR when I started getting real serious about shooting. I found out real quick that shooting them enough rounds to develope pin point accuracy brought on frequent barrel cleaning. With the BAR and BLR you have to clean from barrel end, this makes a problem pushing all that gook into the action area. It can be done but is a pain in the ass, plus you take a chance of boogering up your crown, and you know what that does to accuracy. I like your .35 Caliber, I shoot a couple of STA's myself, both on Winchester actions. Good luck on your project and good shooting.

Posts: 221 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An Alaskan guide friend of mine got a Browning BLR and is currently rebarrelling it to 358 Norma Mag. It CAN work and is the only action strong enough for it that I know.
Yaoughtachoke

Posts: 467 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
phurley and *choke,

I figured since the BLR is available in 300 and 338WinMag it would do fine with the 358Norma. Whatever I do will have to be pretty straightforward, and manageable in the long run. The truly exotic stuff is beyond me. But I just don't have the cash for a project like this.

I better let this one die. Maybe MRC will be able to hook me up the way I want. Or a Savage-based project would work too. Lots of options, not nearly enough cash.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote