New
Find
Notify
Tools

wiggys hip boots
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
don't know how many of you know about wiggys boots. they have a hipboot that is made to slide over your regular boots. very handy for crossing a creek. they're not really made to walk in, just to put on wade through and take off, but they sure do beat the hell of of walking all day in hipboots. Lightweight nylon only weigh a few ounces and can about fit into a pocket. $50 a pair

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be useful to have around.

Thanks for the scoop,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wiggy's makes two versions of these. One is very light weight and the soles are pretty thin. The others are a bit heavier and have more substantial soles that would hold up better over the long run. If you are just going to use them on a sheep hunt, where you might need to ford glacial streams a few times a day if that, I would go with the light weights, which weigh a total of about 7 oz. On a recent hunt, I had the lightweights and my guide had the heavier version. I always packed mine and he didn't pack his bec of the weight so we ended up just using mine the whole hunt. They held up well for one hunt.

Posts: 318 | Location: No. California | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With Quote