THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Re: Brian Peterson/Rincon Outfitters

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Brian Peterson/Rincon Outfitters
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted
I have hunted Brown Bear with Brian Peterson. While in his area I saw lots of Sea Ducks and Sitka deer. Brian said that he only has to throw out 5 or 6 decoys all attached to the same string to get the ducks in.

I don't know how his area compares with others since that is the only place on Kodiak I have been but I wouldn't hesitate to book a sea duck/sitka hunt there based on what I saw.

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
loud-n-boomer,

I dug out a couple of pictures of the area where Brian hunted me. His lodge is on Ugak bay. It is very comfortable and the view is fantastic. He is a good cook too.

If you are after Harlequin ducks you should be pleased with Ugak bay. We saw a dozen or so Sitka every day and were not even looking for them. They are beautiful animals.

Some of the area is relatively flat such as this area where I am crossing Rough Creek. There was a herd of Bison in this area.

Other areas are steeper and have a good bit of Devils Club, Salmonberry and Alders. Benches between ridges such as the one in this picture are where we seen most of the Sitka deer. It is beautiful but get in shape if you are not.

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote