THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Re: Recommendation on moose/black bear hunting are

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Recommendation on moose/black bear hunting are
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

tsturm
Do you live in KENAI AK

A buddy of mine lives there

Fritz Miller .... ? ever heard of the guy ?
hes been there since about 1974

Is he the Welding Instructor at the College?

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bingo.!!
Quote:

Is he the Welding Instructor at the College

Dat's Fritz.!! Do you see him ? or do you know him

Tell him if you see him Martin Potts In Coos Bay say's hi.!!
I knew fritz when he was in Jr High i was hes nabor around the hill

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I Have met him once.
Probably the best Welding Inst. in AK.

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi!

The moose hunting in Unit 17 out of Dillingham has never been better particularly for residents. I've been here a long time and the moose hunting has never been this good. You will need to fly out to Dillingham and then charter out. This is not a cheap deal but it may very well be worth it. You need to learn to call and have good camping gear. Bay Air 907-842-2570 will help with the rest. Please tell them that I referred you.

You would be more likely here to add a brown bear on to your hunt than a black bear. Brown bears are common here and you can shoot one every year.

If you look for Jerry Huffaker's post you will see the beautiful bull I called in this year.

Good Luck,

Mark

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, TSTURM and Mark.

I had a chance to spend some time afield last week and got to see a few moose, black bears and a griz but no legal bull to shoot. Although I did not get to bag a bull, it was an enjoyable hunt and a good introduction to hunting in Alaska...which is quite different from hunting in Europe where I spent the past few years.

Mark,
Has the season in GMU 17 been extended? It appears that most of moose hunting in that area were closed as of 15 Sep except for "registration" hunt for residents in a couple of subunits.... If not, I will keep your recommendation in mind for the next season.

Thanks again, gentlemen.

Regards,
YHC

Posts: 13 | Location: AK | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tsturm
Do you live in KENAI AK

A buddy of mine lives there

Fritz Miller .... ? ever heard of the guy ?
hes been there since about 1974

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote