THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Borough funds to help Point Hope defendants

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Borough funds to help Point Hope defendants
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted
Can you believe this shit???
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska...al/story/888024.html

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M70Nut:
Can you believe this shit???
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska...al/story/888024.html

YUP!! dancing

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Ya , they are a pretty bad bunch Blameing the Red Dog Isn,t that the same place they finally got a whale this year ... I wonder how many they shot too much and couldn,t recover . .... Pretty low grade of folks ..

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
The troopers found 37 dead caribou shot by these jerks and countless others that had rotted to the point that there was no way of proving they shot them.

From what I've heard so far, the judge that's overseeing this case won't tolerate this kind of behavior so they better come up with a better excuse for that they did.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Surprise, surprise. Everyone is entitled to a fair defense in this country. Interesting public defenders aren't good enough for this case...the local government is ponying up some money. It will be interesting to see how the trial turns out.

Posts: 446 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I abosolutely CANNOT believe this shit!!!!
Public money to defend this kind of activity - pure bullshit!!!
But then again, everybody's equal - just that some are more equal than others. Subsistance - my rosy red ass.
Now, if ya wanna know what I really think....
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
Man, what a criminal waste, The picture of the calf, I'ts face said it all for me!, I'm not sentimental but jesus christ why?

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bear in Fairbanks:
I abosolutely CANNOT believe this shit!!!!
Public money to defend this kind of activity - pure bullshit!!!
But then again, everybody's equal - just that some are more equal than others. Subsistance - my rosy red ass.
Now, if ya wanna know what I really think....
Bear in Fairbanks

Certainly I don't disagree with any of the outrage but it should be noted that the borough is populated by native alaskans in the majority and I could only assume the elected borough representatives are of the same ethniticity. The borough defending its own against who it may well see as "Outsiders," is believable if very incorrect.

In the Dillingham area we have had gross examples of poaching by both local and non local folks. Both in my observation are prosecuted zealously by law enforcement and our area residents.

Posts: 9107 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it's even legal. Couldn't someone ask for an injuction? Afterall, there are provisions within the legal system (ie. public defender) for legal cases so why the "need" of the use of public monies for legal counsel for other than public defenders? Just my thoughts. Still a royal screwing.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Bear in Fairbanks.

quote:
wonder if it's even legal

I kind of wondered about that myself. Seems odd that the borough goverment can spend money to fight the state goverment who's spending money on this.

Sure are a lot of lawyers making a lot of money off of this.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote