Find
Notify
Tools

Sporting Clays/Skeet in AK?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Deutsch-Drahthaar
posted
Has any of you guys shot Sporting Clays at Grouse Creek or Rabbit Creek? How is the course?

I heard that Fairbanks Trap Club is suppose to have a Sporting Clay shoot every Monday. I will have to call on details.

I'm planning on a trip down to Anchor-town next week and shooting a Grouse Creek.

Any other Sporting Clay or Skeet shooters here in AK besides me? Cool

Combat vet by choice...Don't make me have a flashback!
Michael Savage...Fight Liberals! Liberalism is a mental disease!
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

Posts: 112 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deutsch-Drahthaar
posted Hide Post
Actually, It's Grouse ridge not creek...Sorry for any confusion.

Combat vet by choice...Don't make me have a flashback!
Michael Savage...Fight Liberals! Liberalism is a mental disease!
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

Posts: 112 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deutsch-Drahthaar: First, you need to work on getting an easier name to type...other than that...there was a fund raiser two weeks ago at Grouse Ridge out near Palmer and everyone I talked to loved it. A group of us at work are planning on spending some time out there this summer...I will get more information on the specifics of this sporting-clays operation and post it.

I am your basic liberal combat vet by choice..my life is a flashback and I love it...I keep looking for no-good conservatives out to hurt the United States of America.

Robert Jobson

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a really nice facility near Eagle River called Birchwood Shooting Park. There is pretty much everything there- trap, skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays, plus rifle and pistol ranges. Municipal owned, I think, so it is not as fancy as Grouse Ridge, but it is also less expensive.

Grouse Ridge is really nice and they do a good job with their tournaments. Targets are well set, too, and won't bore you. A big ridge right above the clubhouse plus rolling terrain on the rest gives them lots of elevation to play with.

I have not shot rabbit creek, but have heard they are a steel shot only operation. If they have sporting clays I would be surprised, as they are on a sliver of land between the seward hwy and turnagain arm. They do appear to have trap, skeet and a 5 stand. Plus rifle ranges.

Send me an email if you want to shoot Birchwood when you're down here.

Doug Koenig

Posts: 85 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 03 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a very active group of skeet and trap shooters here on the South Peninsula and have a range 3mi. South of Anchor Point at mi.160 Sterling Hwy.........shoot at least every Sunday but I don't think they do sporting clays.

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I have a co-worker that is a very active shotgunner, he does his shooting at Izaak Walton in Chugiak, and Grouse Ridge. Rabitt creek doesn't have a clays range, and is steel as mentioned since it is on a wet lands.

Ovis,

I'm going to be heading down to Homer for the wooden boat festival the first weekend of May, so I might get a chance to swing by and say hi.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote