New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Brown Bear Boat hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought someone may give me some guidance here. I have already hunted 3 brown bears as has my friend and he is 71 and wants another go at it. We were looking at possible boat hunts for either the Peninsula or Kodiak but do not know who offers them. Tent hunts are just not for us anymore. Please PM me if you know someone. Looking ideally for Spring 2016 which may or may not be doable. I think Peninsula is open that spring.

Thanks,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of HuntNBgame
posted Hide Post
Haven't hunted with him but have heard he has a good boat hunt.http://www.alaskabrownbearhunts.net/brown_bear.htm

Posts: 131 | Location: East Coast,USA | Registered: 04 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but when you open his webpage and you see a guy behind a 10' 2" bear, that's me. Just wanted to try a different experience.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting with Brad Dennison coming spring. I did a fair bit of research and perosnal discussion to land on him. I did book him in 2014 for my 2016 hunt.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BRAD DENNISON; HUNTED WITH HIM FOR BOTH BROWN AND BLACK BEAR. FIRST CLASS HUNT. WOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE HIM SIT AT MY DINNER TABLE & MEET MY FAMILY. PLEASE SEND MY REGARDS/CHUCK GREEN

Posts: 279 | Location: michigan | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted brown bear with Brad and Minnie twice, both times in the fall. Highly recommend Brad, he really knows his stuff, is honest, and their boat 'BEAR' is a great base camp.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure about Boat hunts on the Peninsula or Kodiak?? Why don't you try SE Alaska....they have some HUGE bears down there....either Bert Stromquist or Dale Adams...both out of Sitka. My old guide is retired now and the Master guide is gone to the Happy Hunting grounds now,I took a 91/2' in 1991. I know both of these guys and you couldn't go wrong with either....bigger and more comfortable boat with Dale...but Bert is working on a bigger one!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2676 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote