THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Outfitters in Southwest AK for mt. goat

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outfitters in Southwest AK for mt. goat
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a good Mt.goat hunt and interested in first or second hand personal experience anyone has had. I'm looking for a good billy (nine + range) and trying to stay within a budget around 6 thousand. I'm in excellant shape (mt. climber, etc.)and can hunt in any conditions.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muskegex
posted Hide Post
There are not many Goat hunts priced at $6000 any more. I have seen some in interior BC for that lately.

Actually I just did a search and there are a few.

SE Alaska is where the Goat population is the best as well as the adjoining BC north Coast area.

Posts: 134 | Location: ketchikan | Registered: 28 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muskegex, is correct.

I would say the going rate is around $8K, in AK.

Cold Zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
Johnny Laird gets good reviews to my knowledge. I agree that the 6k hunt is a bit wishful to get someone that's any good.

Having said that, if it was my money and since many of these hunts are priced similarly (roughly) I would take a strong look at Bolen Lewis in BC. That's where I would go. The biggest goats on average are in BC...simple as that.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yukon delta:
Johnny Laird gets good reviews to my knowledge. I agree that the 6k hunt is a bit wishful to get someone that's any good.

Having said that, if it was my money and since many of these hunts are priced similarly (roughly) I would take a strong look at Bolen Lewis in BC. That's where I would go. The biggest goats on average are in BC...simple as that.

Y.D.:

Confirmed, J. Laird does get good props.

But , being the Alaska forum, I thought we were looking for Ak. Goat outfitters?

If we are going to open it up, then I will throw out Golden Bear Outfitter in B.C.. I tried for 4-5 years to get in to hunt goat and could not get a slot. Last time I checked he was 100% B. & C. Goats. Read that again, not 100% successful , we are altking about all 5-6 guys going home with a B.and C animal. Can anyone name me another outfitter for any animal that does that well? I doubt it.

Soem research will be needed. I am no sure if they are still in business due to a divorce follwed by a death? The area will still be top shelf. Price? unknown for that kind of quality who cares.

I too can go anywhere the guide can go and that is without a litigation attorney following behind me up the mtn, hahahah dancing.

Cold Zero