THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Recommendation for Unit 17 Brown Bear.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for Unit 17 Brown Bear.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted
If you were going to hunt Unit 17 who or whom would you go with or have you hunted with?
Please let me know.
Thanks
Dennis Harris
The rtistry of Wildlife

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I can do it for you. Otherwise John Peterson has a really good outfit. Tony Lee hunts both 17 and 19 tony is a straight guy.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Artistry of Wildlife:
If you were going to hunt Unit 17 who or whom would you go with or have you hunted with?
Please let me know.
Thanks
Dennis Harris
The rtistry of Wildlife

There have been recent hunting reports posted on AR regarding bear hunts with both AKShooter and John Petersen. In both cases the client hunters expressed feelings for their guides bordered on ever lasting adoration.

To me, a good hunt is a good hunt but if the guide was of the caliber to produce that kind of client critique,.........well thats special.

No, I don't know either guide.

Posts: 9474 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob Couey ,Tony Lee, and John Peterson are all excellent choices. each of them has over 30 years experience guiding and flying in Alaska and all of them have outstanding reputations.

Jerry Jacques

Posts: 36 | Location: Iliamna Alaska | Registered: 10 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I've hunted brown bear with John Peterson in unit 17 and met Jerry Jacques at SCI Reno this eyar and enquired about him and everyone came back with sterling references. I don't see how you could go wrong with either.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4774 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote