Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Rusty Gunn
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted
I don't want to hijack this forum but thanks. Yes both son and daughter guide and as college demands lesson you should read some of their scratchings as well. As for me I'm still having too much fun to write a book but I have been keeping some writing back for when I get old and worthless.

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello, Mr Shoemaker... I enjoy your writings very much. I read you and Seyfreid first, then the others after.
I am curious, are your children gun writers as well? I do believe they guide too, so I figured they've ammased at least some stories to tell by now.
Is there (will there be) a book based on your articals as a collection? ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello, Mr. shoemaker... Thank you for responding. I seriously doubt anyone would take offense to your postings asnwering my questions, since this info benifits everyone.
Well, please add my name to the top of the list of folks very interested in purchasing a copy of your book someday (with heavy encouragement to publish such!). Occasionally I re-read a few of your articals, including the one about using leverguns in the north (from The Legacy of Leverguns issue), as well as the ugly gun story. Its a major beneift to have actual hunting experience when writing hunting stories, so I pay attention, espcially since bears are my favorite animals. I've only taken one griz, roughly 6' 5" square. I also helped track/finish-off a wounded black bear one of my brothers-in-law shot. Scarey, but fun! I've hunted for black bears numerous times, but haven't taken my own yet. I also had to cut short a polar bear hunt once, due to a blizzard (I'm an Inupiaq Eskimo). ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote