THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Re: Self Guided black bear on POW?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Self Guided black bear on POW?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yankees1,

POW island is a great bet for an unguided black bear hunt. In the past I knew the whole routine but I beleive you go to Ketchikan and then take a boat to the Island. There you can rent a suburban and hunt the very developed road system. I think that chances of shooting a bear are very good. The Chamber of Commerce at Ketchikan can point you in the right direction I'm sure.

Of course if you change your mind about the guided hunt I could set you up with several first rate outfitters that could help you find a BIG bear.

Good Luck,

Mark

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, Thanks for your post! I would like the names of outfitters you are familiar with so I could compare fees to see if we could afford a guided hunt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yankees1,

Your profile gives me no info. so I don't know where you are from. If you live somewhere in the lower 48 it might be easier and much less expensive to hunt in the western US or one of the Canadian provinces. The Canadian hunts can be had for about half in some case of what the Alaska hunts are bringing. Price difference is mostly due to Canadian hunts being less expensive for the outfitter to put on. Quality is good in both areas but the hunting methods are quite different.

We represent 25 different operators across North American that offer black bear. Tell me where you are and I can give you some more specific info.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote