Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Black Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted
What is the opening date for Alaska spring black bear?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kambaku
posted Hide Post
Regulations available at ADFG web site: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/ind...liferegulations.main New regulations come out in June. I'd assume that since you're asking about Spring hunts that ADFG's web site will have information earlier.

Posts: 60 | Location: Indianapolis, only because that's where the check came from! | Registered: 21 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Alaska has many different season dates for Black bear.

Where I hunted most it was open year around. Some are Aug 15 to May 31. I read that some are now drawing only.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I was on the Alaska Department of Fish and Game site and didn't find black bear seasons clearly delineated anywhere. I found information about baiting stations which I presumed would coincide somewhat with the hunting season.

Nowhere did I see that bear season was open year around anywhere. Not that it isn't true; I just couldn't find it.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grumulkin,

Go to the AK, F&G website and do a search for the Unit you intend to hunt in. There you will find seasons and bag limits. Just did it to confirm for Unit 17 where I used to live. Found a three bear limit and no closed season.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote