Find
Notify
Tools

Stock work in Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted
Anyone know a good gunsmith or someone that can finish putting a semi-inletted walnut stock on my M70 375 H&H? Prefer someone near Anchorage area but willing to send outside if I have too.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any good stockmakers in Anchorage, but I need to get in touch with a former co-worker who had a stock made.

You need to realize that a semi inletted stock has simply had the easy work done, and finishing it is 90-95% of the labor of starting with a black piece of wood.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
I'll be up there in 3 years if you can wait that long...... Smiler Sorry......just fooling around.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
If it costs as much as some say it does, I may have to wait 3 years............ Frowner

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Give me an idea of what you need done. Just inletting? I will PM you a quote.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Pm sent your way Bill.

"We band of 45-70'ers"