THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Tundra dummies - the final results

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tundra dummies - the final results
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here's a link to the latest on the tundra dummies and their trucks. Looks as if they got their just desserts except I don't see any penalty for wanton waste. I'm thinkin' Fish & Feathers slipped up on this one & should have been nailed for that too. No excuse for it. Just my opinion tho. Bear in Fairbanks

http://newsminer.com/2007/12/05/10240

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
IIRC They were on the way into hunt. Right? It can't be wanton waste unless they wasted the game/meat.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Copidosoma
posted Hide Post
Mike, "The four hunters who got two pickup trucks stuck in the tundra off the Dalton Highway last year trying to retrieve caribou they shot have paid $10,000 in restitution"

Did this turn into a Ford vs Dodge pissers by any chance?

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought they were on the way in to hunt.
Either way they screwed up big time! $10K each is a healthy fine.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
The article states that they got a Ford 150 and a Dodge ram stuck.

They shoulda had a Chevy!!

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah...then they wouldn't have even thought about trying to drive off the road. Big Grin Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akfishinguy:
quote:

Yeah...then they wouldn't have even thought about trying to drive off the road. Big Grin Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Either way they would have saved 10 G's !!!

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Should have bought pack frames and learned how to bone out meat. I've packed a lot of elk out over that distance back home in Colorado. It takes some time and effort, but it sue don't cost nowhere near 10 grand to don a pack frame.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Being lazy and stupid certainly can make for an expensive education.

Most folks vastly underestimate how difficult it is to travel over tundra. Packing meat 5 miles over tundra is a serious endevour. Then again, freeing vehicles frozen into the tundra in the winter is even more difficult.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like they say "If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough".

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Here's their side of the story.

http://newsminer.com/2007/12/16/10454/

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe the fine was $10,000 each, but rather $10,000 total.
just my .02.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
If they had been smart and driven a Toyota "Tundra," none of this would have ever happened. thumb

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns