New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brown Bear hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the average yardage that most brown bears are shot?Under 100yds?

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Depends on where you hunt. In my area, 50 yds is a long shot.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Where I hunt is very open. You should always be reasonable when taking a shot because those long shots will present themselves. I can't condone taking your first shot at over 200 yds. After he is allready wounded then take any shot you get.
Even in the open country I hunt most shots are between 100 and 200 yards and we normally get them down without the problem of them running off

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
In my area the shots can really vary. On the coast I have had clients take several big browns at as much as 250 yards. But most are at 100 to 150. 1 at a measured 30 feet, not a charge, just looked around to see what was makin the noise in the river and there he was. Wind in our face and he never had a clue what hit him. But that just happened once. Enjoy <>< Maddog

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote