Find
Notify
Tools

AK steps up to the fight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Alaska moves to limit Federal Gun Regulation under the Constitution

JUNEAU, Alaska - A controversial bill that would criminalize federal gun regulation in Alaska is on track to be scheduled for a vote.
HB69, by House Speaker Mike Chenault, was moved from the House Judiciary Committee on Monday. It would make it a felony for federal officers to attempt to enforce any new federal laws, regulations, rules or orders that attempt to limit ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or magazine, or require a firearm, magazine or other firearm accessory to be registered.

More Here

Posts: 19599 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kind of old news and pointless as well. How in the world is the state going to usurp a Federal law?
We've been fighting the Feds for years and the result is that all we've been doing is pissin' in the wind.
As a statement on position, then ok but it really won't amount to much.
Just my opinion tho.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 22Rimfire
posted Hide Post
This is where numerous states are finally standing up to Federal overreach!
Any powers not numerated to the federal government is relatated to the states!!
Read the Constitution!!
That is what it amounts to.
It has been trampled upon for many years and it is about time for everyone to stand up to it before we become RUSSIA!!!

Ignore your rights and they will go away!

Posts: 149 | Location: Talkeetna Alaska | Registered: 13 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am proud that Alaska is standing up to the Feds and putting them on notice that we support the Constitution including the second amendment. The more States that get on board with putting the Feds on notice the better chance we will have of protecting our rights.

Jerry Jacques

Posts: 36 | Location: Iliamna Alaska | Registered: 10 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With out state and local coperation the war on drugs would be a huge failure. Bigger then it is now.

More so with a gun federal gun law. This law would not only give a very good reason for the locals not to help.

But could be use by them to stop or impede federal agents.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for Alaska! Magpul has announced they will be moving from Colorado to Nevada because of CO's knee-jerk attempts to enact anti-gun laws.

Dave Manson

Posts: 697 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how that works....seeing how several states have legalized pot sales but the Fed busted sellers anyway.....meaning that the state law means nothing to the folks sitting in a federal prison.

Don't get me wrong.....I wish this strategy would work.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They were high profile in your face cases its my understanding they were told to stop and didn't.

Also a lot less federal agents out and about then local and state really cuts down on the chance of being caught.

Plus no state law chargeing the feds with a felony in drug cases.

Even being charged with this law would make the agent Illegible for them to process a firearm untill it went through court.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey they could put a jail time on the fed agent. I can just hear the phone call -- but but but boss i'm in jail

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted Hide Post
This leads to an interesting paradigm. While the bluest states are legalizing pot which is against federal law. Now the Reddest states are passing laws to circumvent possible federal gun laws.

Where does this lead? Are we really headed to another debate of federalism versus anti-federalism similar to what the founding fathers faced?

Somehow I don't see the pot smokers from CA and the Assault rifle owners in AK linking arms and marching on Washington.

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The sponsors were told and told that any such legislation is unconstitutional. There is no interpretation--it's clearly unconstitutional.

If we support the second amendment and demand protection of our constitutional rights, it seems a little hypocritical to support other measures that violate the constitution.

It's just political posturing by the sponsors, nothing more.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
"Right to gettin' baked" is nowhere in the bill of rights. A bit absurd to compare the the two, but I guess I can understand the reasoning. Fed law vs State law. I just hate to see the 2nd amendment reduced to comparing it to a stupid jobless lib tokin' on a borrowed bong on his best friends sofa.

Congress and this administration are chopping away our rights. When do we, as states, stand up and say, "Ok, that's enough."

We do it now, when they are coming for our last line of defense against tyranny. I am extremely happy every time I see another state stand up and say, "Nope, not here. You will not infringe on our rights in this state! We will prosecute you. You have been warned."

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DManson:
Good for Alaska! Magpul has announced they will be moving from Colorado to Nevada because of CO's knee-jerk attempts to enact anti-gun laws.

Dave Manson

They should move to Wyoming.

Nevada isn't much better.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone read history ?

What part of America in 1860 was passed over by your teachers while they were building your self esteem and wasting a month on "black history" ?

Nobody will be marching on Washington because Washington will be about as relevant to the South and the West as it was to South Carolina in 1861.

Where is Captain Sato when we need him ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Political posturing or not, I find it encouraging that there is some sign of resistance to the gun grabbing peckerwoods.
With the BS in New York and California, its kinda nice to see somebody doin something for those of us who happen to pay attention to the laws.
The only people who will be affected by the political posturing going on now will be the law abiding. Criminals, near as I can tell, don,t give a shit.

So yeah, if we have a few in Alaska, Texas, Missouri telling the Washington mob to go f#*k themselves, I,m all for it.
diggin

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Why dont they the Feds make laws for criminals and not for honest law abiding citizens.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muttly:

So yeah, if we have a few in Alaska, Texas, Missouri telling the Washington mob to go f#*k themselves, I,m all for it.

What they are really saying is f#*k the Constitution. That's OK?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What have obama, feinstein, etc been saying? What have they been practicing?
Thats okay?

However, I will admit to not looking very closely at the bill, or its ramifications.

Point taken.

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vicvanb:
quote:
Originally posted by Muttly:

What they are really saying is f#*k the Constitution. That's OK?

What part of the 9th and 10th amendemnts don't you understand.