New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southeast Black Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Checking into spring black bear hunts in SE Alaska. I have a fall sheep/griz hunt with Jake Jefferson, and want to fill out the year on a spring black bear hunt with my father. The catch is that my dad is disabled with a bad back. He can handle flat land, or logging roads well enough, but can't climb any more.

We were thinking boat based, or lodge based with hunting by boat. He prefers going guided to just make is easier on us.

Anyone have experience with Annahootz? I believe he used to post here.

Any other reccommendations? Doesn't have to be Alaska, could just as well be coastal B.C., but Vancouver Island is probably over our price range.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
try these guys;
http://muskegexcursions.com/, http://alaskablackbearhunts.com/
Both very good reputations on Prince of Wales. I have not hunted with them, but have hunted the Island as I live near Anchorage. I have talked to hunters that went with them at the airport in Klawock and they spoke highly of them.

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the leads. I have a couple more to check out as well. Should be a fun hunt with some fishing to boot.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention, POW is a draw tag for black bears for nonresidents. You will need to apply for a tag by December 20 I think.

Hugh

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted twice with Muskeg Excursions, and they are a great outfit. They know where the Bears are, and you will see plenty.