THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    28 Aug to 8 Sep Kenai - fishing suggestions?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

28 Aug to 8 Sep Kenai - fishing suggestions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted
I'm linking up with my dad on the Kenai Peninsula late August to early September He'll be after black bear while I'll be his step-n-fetch, bag toter, camp cook, etc... He's an avid fly fisherman as well and I'll be learning tto flail the water with a stick Wink.

I have a few spots for blackies in mind and well have to see how dad's bodyholds up -- heart attack in '02 and cancer this year. Looks like he's fended off both demons...but I won't push him hard at all...

Any suggestions for fishing? I think I can gt him into some Rainbows, Dollies, and Grayling on feeder creeks to the Kenai. What about the Silvers?

How about some recommendations on fishing guides? I'd like to spoil the old man a little.

I owe my dad a nice dinner for his Fathers Day gift. Is the Double Muskie still open? Anyone remerber the "secret" for getting in? If I remember corectly -- no reservations but show up at 6:00 PM when they open. Sound right?

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
sent you a pm

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt

Give me a call anytime from 5- 8 pm, and I will help you plan your trip. Aug 20-25 is the best time for silvers.
Robert johnson

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of medium
posted Hide Post
Be sure to check out the Anchor, Kasilof, and Deep Creek Rivers if you head further down the Peninsula...

NRA Life Member

Posts: 136 | Location: Seward, Alaska | Registered: 11 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fished Russian last week, not many silvers, mostly reds, still good times. Good luck on your trip!

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Looks like dad and I will pass on guided fishing and play around on smaller pieces of water.

One thing -- my dad would like to have us drive up north, say just north of Fairbanks, to see the norther lights one night while camping. I've got an Alaska Gazeteer. Any suggestion on camping spots near water and a road?

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote