THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Cancelation Spots for Alaskan Black Bear Hunt...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancelation Spots for Alaskan Black Bear Hunt...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
on April 23rd-30th.

Hunt the Monster Bears of Prince of Wales Island at a bargin rate (e.g. less than half price)

100' Mothership makes for a remote and mobile base camp.

Hunt is conducted from 26' fishing boats. Glassing the beaches, flats and medows.

Stalks start by launching a raft and rowing ashore... then closing the distance, by foot, on these monster bears.

Last season 32 hunter killed 31 bears. The lone unsuccesful hunter was bowhunting.

Of the 31 bears killed, 16 made the 20" Boone and Crockett minimum. The weight of the bears taken will vary from 500lbs to 800lbs.

Again...

Our week is April 23-30... use the 23rd or 24th(arrival before 4pm) as a fly-in date to Ketchikan... 30th as a fly out date... Hunt is Monday thru Friday...

It is one of the earlier weeks BUT all of the island hunts kick off earlier because they are a more temperate climate.

While you don't see the 10-20 bears per day that you might on later weeks, more like 5-8 bruiser boars during this week, this is the week that they shoot big bears. The larger boars tend to come out of hibernation the earliest and they claim their beach territory.

Again, by large bear, remember that the AVERAGE BEAR on this hunt makes the Boone & Crockett book!

I booked the entire week, 6 hunters, and we were going to be 5 hunters total. My 4 friends cancelled, 2 brothers and their boys, because of a family emergency. I don't blame them in the least, I'd have cancelled had it been my family issue.

Normally these are his prices...

1x1 -- $4300
2X1 -- $3900

We are booked 2 hunters per 26' hunting boat (all of the hunters, max of 6, stay on the 100' mothership).

The cancelling hunters have already paid the deposit so the balance, the price that you would be paying for this hunt, is only $1900

This DOES NOT include your airfare from your house to Ketchikan, Alaska. I got mine, from Los Angeles, on Priceline, for $350.

It DOES NOT include your hunting license/bear tag which is like $300.

It DOES inlcude your airfare from Ketchikan to Prince of Wales.

It DOES inlcude all food and lodging.

It DOES include all post bear hunt fun... like world class Steelhead fishing, salmon, halibut and etc.
They have all equipment, fly or conventional, at no additional cost.

Come on guys, this is a big $ hunt for a fraction of the normal price, this one is a no brainer...

SA

PS. Contact me for their website and my phone number.

PPS. Prince of Wales is a one bear limit island.