THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Dean Jackson and WABA of Soldotna, Ak

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dean Jackson and WABA of Soldotna, Ak
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Need references on Dean Jackson and WABA of Soldotna, Alaska.

Thanks!

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WTF is WABA? Big Grin

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
I just Googled it and came up with the following - "World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action". I didn't know they were homebased in Soldotna? There's a whole lot a milk'in going on!
nut

"Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass." Mark Twain - Chris - IYAOYAS!

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL jump

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WABA - Worldwide Angling and Big game Adventures, or so their website says (maybe they do breastfeeding on the side). Anybody know them?

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I've been in the Soldotna area since 1962, never heard of them. I looked in the phone book, no listings for Jackson or WABA. They must be new guys on the block.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard about the guide in question.

You should realize that this time of year Alaskans are suffering from cabin fever and sun deprivation, so we can be even more outlandish then usuaul Wink

Also, we are getting increased sunlight, but realize that winter is still another 4 months, so we're getting the urges to go hiking, fishing, hunting, etc, but aren't out doing it yet. It'll only get worse until breakup Big Grin

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's their website address:

http://www.wabaoutdoors.com/

Maybe it will ring some bells. Glad to furnish you cabin-bound northlanders something to do. thumb

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek:
Check references. Do they live in Ak. full time, or just in the hunting season? If they don't live in the state they guide in, I wouldn't hunt with them. There's plenty of folks who live here full time, you can go with. They may be a fine outfit, I don't know, but I've never heard of them.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of them, but I could find no specific "hunting adventures" listed........I saw something about a 4 night five day big game hunting adventure for $1750.00.....that might be the coveted Anchorage Zoo Draw Permit. We gained four minutes of daylight today......yeah we did!

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Greetings fellow members, I am Dave Goggia and I own http://www.hookycharters.com in Kenai AK and have been here sice the early 70s. I happen to know Dean Jackson and his operation Waba Outdoors. He is not based in Soldotna but Kenai and has a lodge out north by Island Lake. He runs a good operation and is a AK resident but has hunts and fishing trips all over the US. If you need ref for a hunt or fishing trip I am sure he has plenty you should ask him to send you some. You should allways ask for ref.

Posts: 1 | Location: kenai | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Capt. Dave. My mistake on location. Will ask for references when I get to that point.

one of us
posted Hide Post
WABA has Altai Argali sheep hunts listed for Australia and Marco Polo sheep hunts in Mongolia. I didn't know there were Argali sheep in Australia and thought the only true Marco Polo sheep were in Tajikistan and one other neighboring "stan".

Might suggest to Dean to check his critters locations.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
After reading the above post, I went to his list of animals and found this....
Mountain Sheep, (Alaska) I've hunted Eagle, Anituvik, Kotzebue, Aniak, Cold Bay, Montague IS., Kenai Peninsula and I've never seen a Mountain Sheep. What is it?
Point two....What is the difference between an Arctic Lynx and a North American Lynx. (Lynx Canadensis). He list both.
By the way, I live about 3 miles from Island Lake. I'll drive out there and see what their lodge looks like.
I also checked in 2 different phone books, no Dean Jackson listed. Does he live in Ak. full time or is he just classified as a resident? If you live in Ak. for 12 months you are considered a resident if you do not claim residency in another state. You can then claim Ak. residency and live in any other state.