New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nunatuk down filled clothing?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone heard of or used this brand of clothing www.nunatakusa.com ?

I am interested in the Skaha plus hoodie which weighs a mere 20oz as a backup jacket to carry in my pack on mountain hunts.

How does it compare to the North Face or Lowe garments which weight twice as much for durability?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Express
I have not heard of them, but there are a swedish company that makes really good stuff. It is pricy but the Klättermusen LIV have had the best reviews, and I would buy one if I could afford it...
I got one for my sister on a sale, (they did not have my size then CRYBABY ) and she loves it.

Sincerely
Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm wondering about its usefulness in wet conditions. I've been on some hunts where you would end up with a sopping wet bag of feathers and no way to dry it out.

Posts: 513 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying a lite down jacket in my packs for 25 yrs and its worth its weight in gold when you need it. Campmor has some that are cheap and warm.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1413 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote