THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Problems with feds in Yukon Charley

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems with feds in Yukon Charley
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If you have had problems with Feds, Park personel or even BLM in Alaska you need to contact Sen.Con Bunde in Anchorage and tell him your story. He is investigating the Feds over running states rights. They have been plying some real Gestapo agent tactics and attitudes! "Official egos" are getting to be the norm it seems!

Posts: 68 | Location: Wasilla Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I fought the same guys in YC NP a few years ago and Don Young was a real help as well.
Sorry to hear they are at it again but will be sure to keep an eye out this spring.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These guys would also want to know about this:

State of Alaska, Citizens Advisory Commission on Federal Areas
907-374-3737

This group was resurrected in the past year to serve as a "watchdog" over what the Feds are up to on lands in Alaska. It was a pretty active commission in the past until State funding dried up and it was disbanded. It's back again, but who knows for how long.

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasilla:
If you have had problems with Feds, Park personel or even BLM in Alaska you need to contact Sen.Con Bunde in Anchorage and tell him your story. He is investigating the Feds over running states rights. They have been plying some real Gestapo agent tactics and attitudes! "Official egos" are getting to be the norm it seems!

I recently had an Inconvience with with the U.S.F.S. Law Enforcement in P.W.S.. Officer (ego) was the main problem. They are not allowed common sense any more. The youngsters try to make themselves a Big Name, wasting the court's & citizen's time writeing B/S tickets.
Then fail to apear Wink

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been told of "attitude problems" with the feds in ANWR as well. I've never had a problem with them there but a friend has. My impression is that their attitude is that they own the land. Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is not only in AK. Iam a inholder (one that own lands inside federal lands).

They have like to act as if the personaly own the land and the tax payers do not.

A lot of it is who is in charge of the of the park forest ect at the time.

During the Clinton years lots of greenies were put in the service and they really are nasty to deal with they would like to see no one on or useing the land.

Iam sure that during next 4 years we well see lots of nasty things happen.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
p dog:
You are correct. One of Pres. Bush's worst mistakes was not replacing B.J Clitons people in the different agencies. The FWS is a good example.
They will now come out of the closet and do their thing, which is try to keep the ordinary folks out of "Their Property."

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote