THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Re: Bear Baiting act up for vote soon.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bear Baiting act up for vote soon.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ray,

I was surprised that three relatively popular outdoor writers were very outspoken about the "unethical" sport of baiting bears. I've hunted over bait in the past but haven't in a number of years. I, personally, see nothing wrong with it. This is a very important vote, so I hope that Alaskans will get out and vote. By the way, the writers are Doug Borland, E.Donnall Thomas, and David Petersen.

Joe

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
People against Bear Baiting have never done it.
It is not a easy task

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deutsch-Drahthaar
posted Hide Post
At least the the Lt. Gov is not letting the anti's and the leftist courts push him around to "Rewrite the ballot wording" benefiting the anti-hunter movement.

I listed a simular post a earlier in the year to get the word out. I would hate to be an illegal hunter if this would pass...

Posts: 112 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Hunters certainly need to stand togeather agains anti-hunters but we must be in the right when we do. If I'm correct the original group that put the vote on the ballot was a group of guides and ex- guides who figured that if baiting brown and grizzlies was illegal and un-sporting, and baiting ducks or deer unsporting, then why would baiting black bears any different?

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote