THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Dave Marsh: Big Game Big Country Outfitter?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Marsh: Big Game Big Country Outfitter?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do any of you Alaska hunters have experience with Dave Marsh of Big Game/Big Country Outfitters? www.biggamebigcountry.com

We are most interested in moose and grizzly hunting, but overall comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is a good guy, you should have a good hunt with him.

Arjun

Posts: 2552 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dave Marsh is a outstanding Guide, who is into it for all the correct reasons. You will have an excellent hunt with him and feel very welcome in his camps. His crew is hand picked and they all share the same passions Dave does.

Cheers,
KJB

one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
I'm scheduled for 2013 for sheep, I hope I've picked well. I did a lot of homework, and have been on the phone with him frequently, with all positive experiences.
I was a little concerned about going to the Brooks Range, though. If you read enough internet chatter, you get the idea that your "top of the world wilderness arctic experience of a lifetime" will be overrun with guides, planes, local hunters. I talked to Dave a lot about this.
Don

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That can be a reality, alright. The last time I went to hunt sheep in the Brooks was in 2006 and had done my scouting for a few months in the drainages Ivishak and East, settling on using the upper Marsh Fork of the Canning. I was more familiar with that territory having taken a ram there years before. Upon my arrival from the South I was surprised to see many more tents, people and airplanes than I had in the past. I ended-up over on the Ivishak, lower than I wanted. Did not see a shootable ram while there, but did not wreck my airplane or hurt my son-in-law either, so it was still a great trip. Even with that, I'll bet that your guide has things well in-hand and you will have a great hunt. Best of luck.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote