New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headed to Sitka for Brown Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm finally getting to hunt Brown Bear, it's been a long time dream of mine. My flight should be boarding shortly and then its of to Sitka. Getting on the boat on Wednesday. Wish me luck. Full report to follow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you. Who with? I am heading there in 2016 for brown bear.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huntin with Dale Adams. Adams Alaskan Safaris. I hunted black bear with him in '12 and knew I had to come back for brown bear

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your hunt, be safe and post up pictures upon your return.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck,
don't crawl down those tunnels till you find
a fresh pile like Dad did!! Said it's plumb
scary to stick his hand in and it was HOT.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6017 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Where's the hunt report FishDog?

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry been swamped at work. That's the issue with being gone 12 days I guess...lol. Unfortunately I didn't get a bear. We saw shooters every day but just couldn't close the deal on one. It was an awesome hunt and I will be back in 2016. I will get pics up when I have a chance. I have nothing but the best things to say about Dale,Lori, Alex and the crew. top notch people to deal with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about not closing the deal. However the beauty of the ABC's is one all hunters will appreciate. I did the Sitka boat hunt in 2010 and we saw over 80 brown bear in our nine days out and both of us hunters aboard were fortunate to take beautiful bears around poison cove which I recall was north of Sitka. Best of luck on your return trip. Weather/snow melt time seem to play a large part in the spring hunt as well.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
That's a bummer you didn't connect on one FishDog. I'm sure you got some great pictures and memories.

I pretty much buy a $25 bear tag each spring. Never got around to shooting a brown bear myself after being here for 40+ years, but have a HUGE collection of locking tags. Have some bear skulls I've found though.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote