New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry Rivers Guide Service
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone on this forum had any experience with Larry? We are thinking of booking an Ibex hunt in kazakstan with him. I can't find anyone that has used him and I havn't been able to get his refrences on the phone. Thanks for any information.

Hawkeye47

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a few feedbacks over on the Hunting Report website.

HTH

Posts: 107 | Location: Wet Side, WA | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry has got a good service going but you can get a lot better value for money...his prices are pretty stiff
daniel

Posts: 1480 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
He imposes $fines$ on his guides if they have a drink with their hunters. Thats reason enuff for me to give a Wide Berth. A hunter frind of mine had a lousy time with him in the Brooks Range.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have heard that Larry is retiring from guiding - is this the Larry Rivers out of Talkeetna, Alaska?

Hear and forget. See and remember. Do and understand.

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
about 8 years ago a friend of mine paid top dollar for a b.b. hunt that did not go as planned. he went back for either a moose or caribou, i can't remember which. he was sorry he went on that hunt as well...

Cold Zero