New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reasonable Hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going to Alaska next July/August for a week. I am looking for a reasonable hunt? I am looking at black bear, caribou, and wolf? Any ideas on a hunt? I also know for sure we will be fly fishing so suggestions on a decent lodge would be a plus also. Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It can be done but if your just going to be in AK for a week and already have some fly fishing on your agenda trying to squeeze in a hunt for bear or caribou with travel to and from hunting camps is problematic at best. Hunting plus fishing plus travel in AK to camps, 10 days minimum IMO.

There is an outfitter here in Anchorage that might be able to accommodate you, Bob Couey 907-440-7111.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dirk is spot-on. Most of the hunting seasons begin August 10. One week is typically just not enough time.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like I will have a heck of a fishing trip? I was thinking if I could get on a black bear while there but I will talk up Mr. Couey. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted Hide Post
Bob is a great contact person! If he can't help you out he will know someone who can.

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I contacted Mr. Couey.