Find
Notify
Tools

Cooper Rifles for Obama
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted
... Bad news , seems Dan Cooper , Owner of Cooper Rifles in Montana has given a fair amopunt of money to Hussein Obama,s Presidential campaign .... If you like supportoing the left just buy one of his overpriced little rifles ...

I don,t know how to post a link but the link to the story is on the Varmint Rifles Forum . Thread is titled 17 Cooper mk4 ......

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How anybody associated in any way with firearms can be an Obama supporter is beyond my comprehension. I never was interested in his guns anyway, now I wouldn't take one on a gift.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gumboot:
Yup! I followed the link and read the story. While I don't think his rifles are over priced pieces of junk, all of the ones I've been associated with have been shooters. I've never owned one but have wanted to get one. Now, it's not gonna be in the cards for me. Screw them.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Seems as though Dan Cooper is going bye-bye...

Read this:

USA Today

Then read this:

Cooper Rifles Response

Sounds like they should have fired him back in 2004.
Everybody who has bought a rifle from Cooper since 2004, has unwillingly supported
Barack Hussein Obama for president!

Don't buy their products!

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Flippy ;;; Thanks for posting that link ....... We will see if he really goes down the road ...... But thats what you get for becoming arrogant... I wonder if he ever thot of the people who bought his rifles and weather they would think good of him for giving money to help dis arm those same people ....................... What an extreme P,O, add in your own last word .............

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikelravy:
How anybody associated in any way with firearms can be an Obama supporter is beyond my comprehension. I never was interested in his guns anyway, now I wouldn't take one as a gift.
+1 thumb patriot

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Looks like Cooper fired their boss, that's classic.

I would still buy a Cooper rifle, now that the procedes aren't going to Obama. Not sure how Dan got lead astray.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
there is no proof at this time that company money is not still flowing to Dan Cooper.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cooper is still most likely a shareholder, if not on board or acting as officer. I'm still not buying any.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i support you, Dan!!!

i can't buy one of your rifles, because we don't have a importer in my country.

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cooper is still most likely a shareholder, if not on board or acting as officer. I'm still not buying any.

I read that Dan Cooper owns 51% of the company stock. So, money from future rifle sales will flow to Dan, and Obama... Frowner

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flippy:
quote:
How anybody associated in any way with firearms can be an Obama supporter is beyond my comprehension. I never was interested in his guns anyway, now I wouldn't take one as a gift.
+1 thumb patriot

+2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steffen-9.3:
i support you, Dan!!!

i can't buy one of your rifles, because we don't have a importer in my country.

Why would you do that ????????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always thought about picking up one of his rifles, NOT NOW. To be in the gun making business and not only vote for Obama but give him money is an oxymoron! Dan's elevator does not go to the top floor.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMB:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
there is no proof at this time that company money is not still flowing to Dan Cooper.
I read that Dan Cooper owns 51% of the company stock. So, money from future rifle sales will flow to Dan, and Obama... Frowner
Don
quote:
Originally posted by D99:
I would still buy a Cooper rifle, now that the procedes aren't going to Obama. Not sure how Dan got lead astray.
Why would you chance it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are dozens of custom rifle builders whose work is equal to, or maybe even better than Cooper. Kenny Jarret is one that comes to mind. How about Brown? Bennett Custom Shop in Atlanta?

Point is, you have plenty of choices for fine custom rifles.

Normally I don't care what political affilation the people I do business with carry. But for a gun builder to support the most anti-gun ticket in history, goes beyond the pale.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And, Tim McWorther is better than Cooper by miles....
He's down in your area, and I've admired his work for years......

Don