Notify
Tools

Brown brown hunts in Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted
Hi I have posted before on this sector

Whats the going rate for a Koodiak brown bear these days ?

How much difference in price is that compared to one on the mainland ?

Has it changed much due to the recesion?

Thanks

If there are any outfitter here please PM me with deals. THanks

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
The Alaska penn hunts run on par with with Kodiak both in price and trophy quality.

Other coastal areas will be a little less in money,trophy quality and numbers of bears seen.

Interior hunts will be the least expensive and have smaller bears but in many interior areas the bears are considered Grizzlys and are held to a lower standard.

The best of the best coastal hunts will be between $15,000 and $20,000. A interior bear could be as cheap as $8,000 but a quality hunt for any Alaskan bear should start at about $10,000.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
So the prices have not changed like Africa in recent months?

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Londonhunter,

What I've found is that it is taking longer to fill the hunts but they are filling.

Our preferred brown bear outfitter in AK has 1 slot for spring and 2 for the fall hunts in '10. Spring is nearly 100% successful and the fall will produce 5 bears for 6 hunts pretty consistently. You can expect a bear squaring on average about 9'. The price is $14,500 plus bush flight and license. I have a more detailed ad on the Discounted and Oferred Hunts forum.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have booked a fall hunt in 2011. Price 21500 USD, but that is also the very best area and outfitter in Alaska, statistics for that area better than Kodiak or anywhere else.. So its worth the price..

Posts: 873 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
buffalo, care to share the location and outfitter?

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Londonhunter,thanks for getting back to me,just want say this on a forum were out of state guides claim the best,to me as a ALASKAN /big game guide is one that lives and hunts in the area that he resides,his phone # WILL START WITH AREA CODE 907 as is for the whole STATE ,kinda getting tick off on the lies and promises from down south outfitters who charge these outraguous prices for bear hunts,soon it may get to were the prices are going to double or triple with the the concession program that some are pushing,as some mentioned the Togiak refuge i have 20 arce's of land that surround the refuge and still it does not cost me in expenses that others are stating,i am fare chase and do not use a plane --don't need too.Chris-P.S have a hunt on e- bay -alaska bear/wolf hunt with snowmachine

Posts: 1 | Location: bristol bay Alaska | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outfitter is Phil Shoemaker

Posts: 873 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good choice buffalo.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akbushguide:
Londonhunter,thanks for getting back to me,just want say this on a forum were out of state guides claim the best,to me as a ALASKAN /big game guide is one that lives and hunts in the area that he resides,his phone # WILL START WITH AREA CODE 907 as is for the whole STATE ,kinda getting tick off on the lies and promises from down south outfitters who charge these outraguous prices for bear hunts,soon it may get to were the prices are going to double or triple with the the concession program that some are pushing,as some mentioned the Togiak refuge i have 20 arce's of land that surround the refuge and still it does not cost me in expenses that others are stating,i am fare chase and do not use a plane --don't need too.Chris-P.S have a hunt on e- bay -alaska bear/wolf hunt with snowmachine

akbushguide:
Just to stir the pot a little!! Did you ever consider the fact that a non-resident guide can contract & book non-resident hunters who can hunt sheep, goats & the large bears. By the same token, that same non-resident guide CANNOT hunt those same animals for himself WITHOUT a licensed guide OR a relative within the 2nd degree of kindred.
Some conundrum, huh? Just having a bit of fun.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Bear, It is true that a non-resident outfitter can hire non-resident assit guides and that they can guide for an animal that they can not legally hunt by themselves.
However the reason for requiring a guide in the first place is to assure the safety of the client and to assue that the hunter has the ability to judge the quality and size of animals like bears and sheep. All guides, both resident and non-resident, have to have the same training and experience levels to receive their PH license so the paying client gets the same level of expertise.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
Bear, It is true that a non-resident outfitter can hire non-resident assit guides and that they can guide for an animal that they can not legally hunt by themselves.
However the reason for requiring a guide in the first place is to assure the safety of the client and to assue that the hunter has the ability to judge the quality and size of animals like bears and sheep. All guides, both resident and non-resident, have to have the same training and experience levels to receive their PH license so the paying client gets the same level of expertise.

Phil:
I was/am awrare of what you wrote. I just made the comment to point out the irony of the law. Was just having some fun here. Wasn't complianing one way or the other on the way the law is.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Bear, I figured you did but not sure all the other readers had all the facts.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote