THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Does anybody use Talley scope mounts?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anybody use Talley scope mounts?
 Login/Join

posted
I am debating what mounts to use for a new scope on a 300 Weatherby. Weatherby pushes the Talley mounting system, which sounds like a better mount system than the Leupold mounts and is considerably more expensive. Do any of you guys use Talley mounts? How nice are they? I have Leupold mounts on my 280 and they work just fine, but on this 300 Weatherby with the much harder recoil, I am debating between the Talley mounts and the Leupold mounts. Just wondering if the higher price tag is worth it for the Talley mounts. Also, if I have a satin or matte finished scope on a gloss finished rifle, should I get gloss rings and mount or matte rings and mount? Which do you think would look better on the gloss rifle?

Thanks guys!! - jatupper

Posts: 11 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had excellent results with Leupold QRW and PRW Rings.

Posts: 83 | Location: ND | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote