New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forest fire around Anchorage?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Hi all, my brother left yesterday for Anchorage to do some fishing, my sis in law said he called when he got there and he is fighting a forest fire or something? Any ANC locals know anything about this? It may have been artistic license on his part too, just trying to decipher the situation.

TIA
Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7764 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of different forest fires going in the Anchorage area, and right now, at about 6:15 in the evening, there is a lot of smoke and haze from fires along the mountain range surrounding Anchorage, coming from the south I think. I think there is at least one strong fire going down on the Kenai.

Robert Jobson

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark & rwj,

A friend of mine said there was a lot of smoke in the Cooper Landing area yesterday from the fire at Skilak Lake.......there was one East of Homer from a lightning strike a couple of days ago but haven't heard anymore about it.......strong breezes aren't helping any......

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a lightning strike fire just east of Hope, also.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote