THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Alaska Handgun hunting Regulations

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska Handgun hunting Regulations
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello

What are the Alaskan Handgun Hunting regulation? I have read somewhere that for rifle and handgun your choosen firearm must have 1500lbs of muzzle energy at 100yds to be legal. Is this correct?

Thank You
Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just went back through the online hunting regs and can see no restrictions on handguns except big game cannot be taken with a rimfire except in certain areas and bison require at least a 200 grain bullet from a rifle or handgun generating 2000 ft lbs of energy at 100 yards.

Weapons Legal for Bison Hunting

Bison may be shot with any centerfire rifle or handgun, muzzle-loading rifle, or bow-and-arrow that meets the criteria listed below.

1. Rifle/handgun: State regulations require that rifles and handguns must fire a 200-grain or larger bullet, which retains at least 2000 foot-pounds of energy at 100 yards. A .30-06 with a 220-grain bullet is about the minimal weapon that meets this specification. Please do not bring your favorite firearm and expect to use it if it does not meet the above criteria.

A phone call or email to ADFG via their website could also confirm there are no other restrictions for other big game.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/ind...eregulations.hunting

Posts: 449 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks SEP

That's all I found too.

Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote