New
Find
Notify
Tools

interarms 458
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i posted this on the big bore forum but seeing how i live in alaska ill post it here to. Does anybody have any expirence with the interarms mark10 in 458win mag..thanks your comments are welcome...

Posts: 201 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
grizzinater -- I've had a couple of them (one in .375 H&H and one in .416 Rem -- it was converted from .375) and I think that will be hard pressed to find better bang for the buck, so to speak. Both handled great, fed reliably (still have the .416), and shot very accurately. In fact, I am looking for one in .458 win mag.........

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying one for over twenty years and have yet to find anything better. Especially for the money. The fact that Remington is now importing them is great news as far as i am concerned.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
My Buddie Thomas Hedlund in Iliamna has one and loves it...Maddog

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
grizz

I've also had a 458WM MK X for quite a few years and have found it quite a rifle for the money. This particular MK X likes the 350 X as well as the larger 500 grainers so it is quite versatile. I've killed everything from a small caribou cow to a big Botswana bull elephant with it with perfect results.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks to those who replyed, i got it tonight and am impressed with out it feels. it seems light and has a ghost ring on right now and will leave it that way. the muzzle sure is this but i guess there isnt much pressure there. Anyway cant wait to fire this thing and i think the only thing i need to get for it is a recoil pad instead of the quarter inch plastic..thabks agian

Posts: 201 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BusMaster007
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
I have been carrying one for over twenty years and have yet to find anything better. Especially for the money. The fact that Remington is now importing them is great news as far as i am concerned.

Wink

NAHC Life Member
NRA Endowment/Life Member
Remington Society of America Member
Hunter in Training

Posts: 750 | Location: Upper Left Coast | Registered: 19 July 2003Reply With Quote