THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Hey guys finally made it to Anchorage!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey guys finally made it to Anchorage!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son Derek and I touched down last Saturday. Some of you know that for the past 29 years my profession is a doctor of Chiropractic and I'm moving here from Colorado.

Anyway, what are the dates and times of the Outdoor convention and the SCI dates and times this month I plan on going to both, hope to see some of you there. Here is some contact info for me at this time, the address is my office address here in Anchorage. Any of you get into town or live in the Anchorage area give me a call get out for lunch or coffee and especially do some shooting!

Dirk Lawyer D.C.
8427 Laviento Drive Ste. 101(frontage on W.Dimond)
522-5050 office phone
632-0500 cell phone

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

If I remember right you're either a lefty yourself or are connected with one also? Me too.

I wouldn't know about the meeting stuff but start watching Craigs List for a deal on a skiff. Hopefully someone is wanting to pay some taxes or get a down payment on a 2012 model.

Hope you enjoy this severe winter. We're getting hammered again out this way.

Posts: 9215 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, Scott my son and I both are the lefty's, have you used that stock I sold you yet?

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Dirk . Welcome to the Great Land . Its good you are on the coast .. kinda snowy but alot warmer than inside of the mountains . .I hope you have a heated garage and heaters on your rigs . .I dont get to the big city very often but if you come thru Glennallen .Let me know . Are u a snow machiner , going to Arctic Man ??

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Great news, Dirk! I'll give you a ring when I'm headed to town - let's plan on doing dinner, my friend. tu2

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gumboot458:
I hope you have a heated garage and heaters on your rigs . .I dont get to the big city very often but if you come thru Glennallen .Let me know . Are u a snow machiner , going to Arctic Man ??

Yea, have heaters on everything it's not that bad here in the city. Only snow machining I've done in the past is cutting Lion and Bobcat tracks in Colorado. Look me up when your in town, got a buddy in Valdez so not if but when I come thru Glennallen I'll look you up. PM me contact info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Good timing, days are getting longer, weathers getting better. Live a few miles up the road from your office, will try to give you a holler in the next few days.

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dirklawyer:
Yea, Scott my son and I both are the lefty's, have you used that stock I sold you yet?

Nuts, I'm having a hard time remembering what I bought!?

I remember posting with you regarding some .375 lefty ruger info but thats about it. Sorry!

Don't hesitate to ask if you think I can help with a trip out this way.

Posts: 9215 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Welcome Dirk Lawyer

I came to Anchorage 37 years ago when I was 15 with eyes wide open looking for the adventure.
I can say I have'nt been dissapointed and my only complaint is how much Anchorage has grown in the past almost four decades.
Actully I'm about ready to get out (feeling claustrophobia)but not far just out of town a ways (want to buy a house?)
I hope AK brings you as much joy as I have had. Congradulations on makeing your dream come true.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome Dirk. I hope you enjoy living in AK. you either love it or hate it.

shooter, you are not joking about being clausterphobic about ANC. After 16 years, the wife and I finally made it out (last year). Made it as far as wasilla (I still work in the big village) and am very happy. I'd love to move remote but unless i get rid of the ole lady and marry money, its not gonna happen soon. I'm just kidding, I wouldnt get rid of the wife but its a dream to go remote.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote