New
Find
Notify
Tools

alaskan cruise w/ firearms
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody know, if I take my wife on an Alaskan cruise will they allow me to transport firearms on the cruise ship to Alaska?

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heat:
If you're talking about one of the large cruise lines I have my doubts that any allow them. Celebrity Cruises for instance will confiscate such items (they will be returned at the end of the cruise). I'm sure most are like that.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From the people I know, who have done the Alaskan cruise thing, , you wouldn't have any opportunity to use them anyway.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grizz, This is a one way cruise, we will remain in Alaska for quite awhile after the cruise, where i will fish and possibly hunt.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mail them up, addressed to yourself c/o the postmaster. The local post office will hold them til you get there.
Phil

NRA Life Member since 1976
philny1@zoominternet.net
877 485-6270
Visa/MC accepted , plus 3%
We have to save the Earth, only planet with beer!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history
when everybody stands around reloading".
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 665 | Location: Western NY- Steuben County | Registered: 02 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are originating the cruise in the US, who is to know? Is there now some type of declaration for a cruise? I have traveled the ferry from Washington with multiple firearms and know many other who do it every year, specifically to avoid the Canada hassle and shipping.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
You can mail long guns to yourself, but handguns must go from FFL to FFL. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbanger
posted Hide Post
Probably a common thing from the 1800's through the 1930's. Modern cruise lines would think you're a nut for calling and asking.

Gpopper

Posts: 296 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you have to declare them even on the ferry, any time your on the ferry. " dont be the guy" on a cruise ship

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Posts: 393 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote