New
Find
Notify
Tools

Birchwood Sunday
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got a long awaited brass shipment from Dave Casey today and will be loading into the wee hours (just finished casting) The brass looks great!

I've got two "new to me" doubles to christen on Sunday and will be at Birchwood 10-12ish if any fellow AR-types care to join in. Just look for the dense foul-smelling cloud of smoke and elephants fleeing in terror. Big Grin I can't wait!

-Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 813 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Bob,

What are your doubles chambered in?

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, 10 bore and 450/400 are the new guys,also a 318 and 577/500 at home. I ended up only shooting the 10 due to my chrony being on the blink. 690gn round balls grouped well w/150gn of goex cartridge but more testing/practice is in order. I intend to use it for moose next month (if all goes well) and plan to cut a conical mold, which it is set up for but have too many more pressing projects before winter(the story of my life!).

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 813 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
We'll definately have to meet up for a range session Big Grin I haven't been able to indulge in doubles yet, but have always wanted to at least fire one.

I can relate to projects before winter, once again a crop a home improvement projects seemed to have taken over summer Frowner there's always next year!

Worse yet is I've had little range time this year, time to get back at it. For me lunchtime at Rabbit Creek is the only reliable means I have of getting in some trigger time.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote