Charlie Vandergaw goes Primetime
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
This guy just hacks me off. He's created his bear haven and now after breaking all kinds of laws doing this he wants the greenies to bail him out.
He just started a new save the bears campain and the idiots who prescribe to this nonsence will never make the distinction between saving his ileagle bear feeding practis and / or saveing bears in an area that has a serious problem with over population of bears that don't need to be saved.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I watched that program that film maker made. It was a couple hour "documetary" on one of the cable channels. The film maker was some city boy Dude from England. He got bit on the ancle also

He knows and admits he screwed up and went overboard feeding and atracting bears but continues to feed them. He has so many bears(that he has fed) coming to his cabin that they are constantly destroying his cabin and he cant even sleep at night with all the bears banging on his windows. End of the program he puts up an electric fence around the cabin because the bears are demolishing it.
Of course the documentary makes it up as such a sad story.
Be nice to see some greenys simpathizers go visit him and protest alaska law, then get eatin by some bears Roll Eyes

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
The show was interesting.

I had heard bits of info for years about him through friends in AK.

I believe he had figured out his dilemma before the law intervened,
as his favorite Grizz, "Cookie", aged , he had begun to change his behaviour due to hers and some other incidents. .

It appears he changed his mind to fight when they seized his SuperCub and cameras from his Anchorage location
(not the Bear Haven site where the warrant had first been executed and other cameras were seized)
AND he was not arrested and the aircraft was not seized @ Bear Haven.

Someone apparently thought it was a good idea later to take the aircraft, as it would make life a little more difficult in accessing his property.

I do think it was a bit heavy handed for Class A misdemeanors to seize his aircraft.

But then the game laws are often fairly heavy handed.

Another News Item:

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska...rs/story/590846.html

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I watched the 4 hours of tv footage on animal planet. I kept thinking that all the guy was doing was 'habituating' the bears that came to his home to human feed and prescence. By doing this he was insuring that they would be shot as pests if they ever showed up at someone elses home. I understand his home was in BFE, but bears travel a large area and my guess is in Alaska it is about as large an area as could be expected.
I was amused when he went ape$hit over the bear hunters on his place. Obviously tresspassing and shooting tame bears in not too sporting. But if the guys moved 20 miles away and set up camp, I'm thinking theres a good chance one of his tame bears show up.
I just hope he gets the same 'education' that treadwell got.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote