New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer Hunt Opening Day
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My brother and I hiked up into the high country to scout for deer and try out some new gear, with hope that we'd find a nice buck while we were at it. We saw a lot of deer, but no big bucks. Here are some photos from the trip...

dave

Posts: 314 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Fantastic photos.
I have never been to Alaska, but dream to often.

That trip is worth the view even without deer.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2590 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool I havew been to Ak several times and out west in the mt's to many to remember.

There is a lot going for sitting high up with a pair of glasses looking for somthing to shoot.

Big Grin That big green food bag is just about the right hight for a bear to climb into with the sleeper. roflmao

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Alaska is some spectacular country alright but I'm not homesick yet. Maybe around Sept. 10 I'll sit out back and do a few moose calls just for the heck of it. Moose were my favorite to hunt while I lived up there.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, moose calling is fun. Something gets your blood fired up in Sept, easy to see why the bulls get worked up.

I'm sure you'll be back...swing by sometime and shoot a blacktail buck. They are my favorite, by a wide margin....<grin>

Here are a couple more...

dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where were you hunting?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
David

Thanks for the offer but I'll leave the high alpine stuff for you young guys. I could still do it if I wanted to work hard enough but I just don't care that much about it anymore.

Africa is my focus now. Great hunting but not generally a ball buster like those AK mountains.

So what did your group decide for a buffalo hunt?

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We didn't really decide anything yet. I've passed your DVD around to everyone and we're just mulling it over.

We're booked for Zim in Aug of '06, for two weeks...

'07 is when we want to do buffalo....

one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
Great photos.

Thanks.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote