Find
Notify
Tools

Bringing rifle into Canada
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 323
posted
Okay I know this has been asked a million times but here we go... Can I get the forms now here in Oregon and have them filled out before I get to the border or do I have to get them at the border and fill them out there on site?? I plan on bringing three rifles... Also where would you all cross the border is giving a chance in Washington or Montana, I heard it is not as busy at the port of entry in Montana?? Thanks for the help guys and gals!

John

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I just returned from a bear hunt in Canada on which my wife took a rifle. We filled out all the paperwork in advance and just waited until we were in Canadian Customs to sign the form. Be sure to have your Form 4457, as that is what Canadian Customs uses to complete the process. They would not let us pass without it.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
I just called Canadian Customs at the border up from Haines ,,..
The border agent told me I could fill out the form at the border and the fee was 25 $ total for all my rifles ..
I also asked him about smokeless powder , ammo and primers and he said , smokeless powder was fine . in 1 lb containers , hollow points were fine , but no AP . and I can bring up to 5,000 primers ...

I,m not bringing alot with me , but I want to have the 9.3 with me .... I can,t stand being rifle less ....I,m going to be very careful to make sure I don,t have any errant rounds in the glove box or anywhere else .......

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info final destination for me and the rifles is Alaska... I just want no hassles we tried calling the Canadian custom a couple of time all we got was a busy signal... My wife is worried about the birth certificates hers and my daughters are copies not originals.. I know I know passports but ran into a hang up and the Army told me I didn't need one well not until later in the yr...

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Passport,US custom form 4457 and a Canada firearms form fill out but not signed until in front of the officer was all I used this spring. They did not ask for the US form or to see the firearms. The group following us got there truck toss and the firearms inspected. So go prepared and open mind.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Well hopefully they give me no problem on the passports I'm traveling on government orders and was told by the reassignment folks that passports are not required as of yet they will be required sometime in August...