New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello
 Login/Join

posted
Hello:
I heard about this forum while viewing a thread on the Outdoorsdirectory.com board. I just wanted to say hi and to thank those involved for having a medium for open discussion. The Alaska forum is one I'll be visiting regularly.

Thanks for the invitation.

Larry Bartlett
Fairbanks, AK

Posts: 9 | Location: Fairbanks Alaska | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome Larry. I'm writing from Ft Yukon. I have a both editions of your float book and enjoy it. I know you can contribute a lot to this forum. Glad to have you. If you're ever in FYU then look me up. I would love to hunt with you someday.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the best of the best of the best hunting forum on the planet. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Larry Bartlett,

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy participating in our discussions.

Posts: 68763 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Daryl Douthat>
posted
Larry,

Welcome and I hope Mike and some of the others join discussions here. I have appreciated advice that you and others have provided but I find the censorship of Hunt Alaska oppressive. As you know, Dave Johnson permits no negative comments about much of anything with the justification that we live in a litigious society. I have long been a member of a community(research in physics and university teaching) that prizes freedom of expression and encountering the level of censorship that Mr. Johnson imposes was pretty amazing. Pretty much like living in a community that believes in a flat earth and refuses to consider any contrary evidence. In addition, I feel it is ultimately a disservice to the both the community of hunters and to the resource. I know that the discussions on this forum occasionally get pretty wild but that is rare and as I said in one of the comments that was censored(quoting Einstein), "One can only really disagree with friends."

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Larry,

My wife got me a copy of your first book as a Christmas present. While I haven't had a chance to do a float hunt, there was still alot of gooding hunting information in there, and a great read as well.

I've participated in various on line hunting forums for many years, and this one is by far the best, though perhaps I'm slightly biased [Wink] Somthing special about AR is the international nature of the sight, not only is it based in Dubai, but we have many Europeans, Africans, Asians, Aussies, Canuck's and South Americans (hope I didn't forget anyone) on the sight.

Saeed and I share a strong belief in free and open discussions. There will be no editing or deleting of posts. We're all adults, and most of us are thick skinned, some thick skulled as well [Big Grin] If one put's there foot in their mouth, then it'll be out there for all the world to see.

Welcome aboard, we look forward to your input.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote