New
Find
Notify
Tools

my sheep
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
shot opening day this year. Hunted with Sue Entsminger from Tok, AK. Pack dog is Midnight. Sheeap was 9 1/2 years old, 39 1/4"x12 7/8"

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a beautiful RAM!!

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dang!

Are you sure it's a full curl???

Just kidding - obviously. Darn nice sheep. Even I can tell that.

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a good shot of the curl. Lots of style to this one!

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marc,
I've got very little sheep experience but that is just wild. What a ram!

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
job well done on a 'elluva ram--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Marc. Awesome ram. Sue is a great guide. Have you seen the picture of her in the fur bikini?

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
dont leave us hanging. Post the fur bikini pic

Posts: 2590 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I emailed Sue about several things this week and asked if she could email me a pic of her in the fur bikini and fur mukluks while standing in the snow. WHen I tell most people ablout me and my woman guide doing a backpack hunt, I usually get snide commeents about what she must be like. I always have to show them current pictures, which are nice, but I want to be able to pop them with the bikini pic. THat should immediately shut them up!!!

Sue is awesome. Can't tell you how good of a time we had. We both talk and laugh a lot, so we were both rambling non-stop while i was there. I stayed a few extra days at matt's house and SUe did her best to fatten me up. As a bachelor who has to live on the road for work, I rarely get to eat like she was feeding me. Hell, I gained weight while I was out onthe hill. I usually don't eat that much and those freeze dried meals stuck to my bones.

Can't say enough good things about Matt and Frank as well. THey all took me in as part of the family and we had a great time at their house. If anyone is looking for a sheep, bear, moose, or whatever hutna nd needs a reference, please do not hessitate to email me off this board. These are three of the best people I have ever met.

HEre is a pic of the three sheep from opening week with them:

Left: 40 1/8" guided by Matt, shot opening morning

Center: 39 1/4" guided by SUe, shot opening evenging

Right: 41 3/8" TMA Governor's tag hunter, shot morning of the second day

[image]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/p143dd0455008437d47bf7e24373ce9ef/f75140e6.jpg[/image]

Sue tells me that she usually has to prove herself with the men she guides. I guess it is a generational thing (I am only 34 and most hunters are a good bit older than me) but to me a person's merit is all that matters to me. Sue has guided for sheep, goats, interior grizzley, brown bears, moose, caribou, plus she has commercial fished (she still owns her own commercial fishing boat, but leases it out) she traps, etc etc.

I have her on the lookout for a single woman exactly like her so I can finally get married. Matt is the same age as me, so she says he gets first refusal of any woman she finds that is on th emarket, so to speak.

I am currently doing gun work for both Matt and Frank. Building a .416 for Matt to use as backup while bear 's .243 sheep rifle. These really are three of the best folks I have ever met!

one of us
posted Hide Post
screwed up while trying to post pic of the three sheep from opening week:

As can be seen from this and the pic with me and SUe together, my sheep broke a horn on his fall (rolled about 800' and his left horn centered a boulder, stopping his descent). Frank pulled it back into place for me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bloody amazing, Mark! Wonderful sheep! congratulations!

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marc, beautiful ram, congrats to you; I hunted out of Tok in the fall of 03 for sheep/moose,down in the Wrangells w/Pioneer Outfitters; got a moose but no sheep (the only guy in camp who didn't get a sheep) Was your hunt in that special Tok draw hunt, or just over the counter outfitter tags?? How pricey was it, if you don't mind me asking?

There were 8 rams taken on my hunt, but none looked like yours of the others in your pics..

Regards,
Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks much for posting these very nice ram pictures.Every time I see one ,I confirm - there is nothing that compares with a nice sheep hunt - particularily when you get one- even better if its a nice one ! Congratulations !
Memories that make living worthwhile.

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great ram !
I often see some sheep while driving between Tok and Glenallen at Mentasta pass I think that is near the TMU. One of these days I'll figure out how to post a pic on this site. I got a 42 1/2" with 14" bases this year. It was a hell of a year for big rams in the Yukon.

Posts: 48 | Location: Yukon | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[image]www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2133309615[/image]

one of us
posted Hide Post
What a ram! congratulations. Where do you live?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I live in Whitehorse,Yukon. I must have spent an hour trying to post pics directly with no success. The pics that I sent to imagestation were not that great. I have to say that you took some excellent photos. I took some in the field with a film camera but have not had them scanned yet.
It sounds like you saw alot of sheep. How many times have you hunted sheep?