THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Reccommend an outfitter for spring black bear?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reccommend an outfitter for spring black bear?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for a black bear hunt, 2x1 for a reasonable price, under 5k per person, can anyone suggest an outfit?

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try jim lancaster of copper river outfitters in british colombia. for your 5 grand you can kill 2 bears. spot and stalk hunting. tell him scott f. sent you. 250-846-5309.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I know a guide in BC who will do a 2 bear trip for 6 days or so for less than $4 k each IIRC.

I went with him in 2007 and got a nice colour phase boar at last light on the last day of a 6 day hunt & paid $3k for 1 bear & 1 mule deer fork horn buck (sept was too early for the big buck migration).

PM me & I'll give you his contact. Adam Pepper is a genuine hardworking regular guy & I would be happy to recommend him.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted Hide Post
Try AKshooter here on AR.

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Contact Gene or Emily Plihal. They have a two bear area in Alberta and my buddies go there every year and have a great time for a week and always shoot nice bears. Big bears all the time.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
http://www.alaskablackbearstalkers.com/

Hunted the past two springs here...excellent area for a DIY high successs black bear hunt...spot and stalk!

One of Us
Picture of wolfhunter 2
posted Hide Post
Check out knik glacier adventures Braun Kopsack this guy is realy good I know of a lot of people who have hunted with braun every one was happy Kevin

Posts: 155 | Location: mn | Registered: 08 November 2008Reply With Quote