New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pleasant Surprise today!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am an online ordering freak as it usually saves me a ton of cash. I am in the final steps of putting together a LH Ruger SS in 338 WM. I could of swore I had a silver 2.5x8 VX III laying around but all I could find was a flat black one.
I made some phone calls in the Anchorage/Eagle River area today and only one store in town had what I needed, Great Northern Guns off Tudor. I held my breath as I asked them for the price. $399! Same as mail order and I didnt even have to pay shipping. Kudo's to them.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Nice folks at Great Northern Guns. I took my then 10-year-old son in to buy a nice leather rig for his Ruger Single Action Six .22LR. He I found a like-new rig in their used leathers box. hen I asked "how much?", the gentleman replied, to my son, "how much do you think?". My son said "ten dollars..." and so ten dollars it was.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My stainless Ruger .338WM has a matte black Leupold vary-X III 2.5-8x, and it looks great. The stock is also black, and maybe that's what makes the difference.

I did the same with a stainless Ruger .10/22 I gave my son. I installed a target/stailess/fluted barrel, and topped the rifle with a 4x matte black scope, and a Hogue stock. The little rifle looks so nice that two of my coworkers set-up their .10/22's the same way.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've found similar deals at both Mt. View Sporting and Great Northern Guns.......Both great stores with great staff.

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote