New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Hunting Brown Bears
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well is anyone having any luck with Brown Bears this spring? If so how big were they what did you shoot them with and do you have any pics?

Posts: 370 | Location: Buxton, ND | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dakor,

I personally didn't hunt brown bear this spring but the guide I'm working with locally got 7 for 8 in our GMU. Unfortunately the 8th hunter was an elderly gent that just ran out of gas and couldn't make it to his bear. All bears had great fur and 3 had over 27" skulls.

Bear hunting will only be fabulous here in SW Alaska for some time to come. Bear numbers are way up. In fact we now can take 1 bear per year. Prevoiusly and for the 20 odd years I have been here the regulations only allowed 1 bear every 4 years.

Now is the "Good Old Days" of bear hunting in this area.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark glad to hear someone had some luck. I thought there would be more people hunting them but I guess not. For you guys that live there take advantage of it I will gladly trade states with you anytime!! Of course I would be divorced and would not have a job because I would be hunting all the time but I guess that would be a good thing

Posts: 370 | Location: Buxton, ND | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote