Find
Notify
Tools

Kodiak Sitka outfitters
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of odyssey
posted
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Kodiak Sitka hunt?
I would like to do some fishing and bird hunting as well.

Thanks Jason

Posts: 44 | Location: League city, TX | Registered: 21 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe Polanco 907-350-4214. Hunts and fishes off a 67-ft motor sailor harbored in Kodiak. I've been brown bear hunting and salmon fishing with him and recommend him highly.

Call me if you want details.

Dave Manson 810-953-0732

Posts: 690 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of odyssey
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Thank you for Joe's contact info.
I was able to speak with him for a little yesterday.
He was happy to take time out and answer all my questions, very nice guy.

Posts: 44 | Location: League city, TX | Registered: 21 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
Did he recommend hunting this year? What were his comments on the massive die-off last year?

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of odyssey
posted Hide Post
He said that he didn't have as bad of a die off as the folks on the Northwest side of the island. He said the snow doesn't get as deep on the Southeast corner where he is so the deer have a better chance.

Edited to add: He said this year should be okay, but it will get better within the next few years as the numbers get back up.

posted Hide Post
You might want to try Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge. They do both birds and deer combo's.

Posts: 6 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska  | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will be doing some Kodiak fishing off Pasagshak Bay in late August. What is normal weather and fishing activity for salmon that time of year? Chance of seeing any brown bear in that area?

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote