THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Scope power for Alaska Brown Bear???
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope power for Alaska Brown Bear???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:

Stupid is as stupid does and virtually every year I have clients who insist on carrying their scopes on the highest power EVEN AFTER I TELL THEM TO TURN IT DOWN AND WHY . Some clients I even turn it down and then find out they turned it back up while I was not looking.
How is that the guides fault? They are the official hunter on a hunt they paid for and there is nothing illegal or unethical involved.

Phil, it is the Guide's fault if they do not correct the client on the smart/correct way to have their scope set. If the Guide fails to penetrate the thickness of the client's stupid, then obviously, not the Guide's fault.

When shooting long range, there is usually plenty of time to turn up the power, if need be. Conversely, for close range shooting there usally is not enough time to turn the scope power down. I would love to hear the client's response to that rationale as they leave the power on 10X , in the brush. horse

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:

Stupid is as stupid does and virtually every year I have clients who insist on carrying their scopes on the highest power EVEN AFTER I TELL THEM TO TURN IT DOWN AND WHY . Some clients I even turn it down and then find out they turned it back up while I was not looking.

The above is shockingly unbeleiveable. Stupid pays a lotof money for the Guide's experience and expertise and then disregards it.

Head shaking. horse

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Thats one of the reasons why , I NOT A GUIDE !!!!!. Just no patience for that kind of stupidity , it,s not really stupidity tho , it's their arrogance ....
They need a good whippin !!! Or to pay ALOT OF MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.For myself , I wish I could buy new long tube fixed 3x Leupold s with the heavy duplex reticle ....

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote