Find
Notify
Tools

Alaskan bear hunt for my two sons
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
Hi, I'm looking for a high success spring bear hunt for my two sons (23 and 20), either black bear, grizzly or combined with myself going as an observer. Both my sons can shoot and have hunted, the oldest just finished 4 years in the Army most of those with the 3rd Ranger Battalion. I'm looking for a spring hunt (late May?) to do my best to avoid being weathered out. They can't go in the fall since they're both in college. I will be at SCI Reno and will be prepared to book there.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kingsalmonak
posted Hide Post
http://www.alaskacoastalmarine...black_bear_hunts.htm

The boat-based hunt makes this very enjoyable... I have been out with Tim and his crew several times(we are on his goat hunt page) - great guys.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks, my youngest son has had three bad boat experiences (nothing to do with hunting, motor dying 4 miles off of Cabo in the Pacific etc.), so not boat hunts for us. I would love it though.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I had a good grizzly hunt with Tom Gray of Alaska Grizzly Hunt.

Also, Grizzly Hunt Report

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John Latham has a great area near Yakutat for brownies and black bear. He's a first class guy as well. http://www.johnlatham.com/html/outfitter.html

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
If you are willing to go elsewhere go with Gene and Emily Plihal in Alberta. Two bear area. Big bears. Great price.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Why not the same outfit you went with last time?

You could all camp on the same lake and split up every day to hunt different drainages.

Posts: 9212 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wolfhunter 2
posted Hide Post
Spring Grizly with knik glacier adv.cant go wrong I dont know about 3 at the same time this guy has a great sucess record . Kevin

Posts: 155 | Location: mn | Registered: 08 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact me have a great spring griz hunt in Alaska
Larry
Elk88101@hotmail.com

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact me. I have a hunting and fishing lodge in south western Alaska, 3 aircraft,and 30 years full time guiding experience in Alaska with many clients bears in the record book including the SCI 1 Brown Bear with a score of 31 2/16".

Shut down my operation for a few years to serve 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan as a pilot. Reopened our lodge last fall and am getting back into civilian life.

Can make you a very very good deal.

Will be at SCI and SHOT.

JacquesAK@aol.com
www.Bristol-bay.com

Posts: 36 | Location: Iliamna Alaska | Registered: 10 December 2012Reply With Quote