THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Re: any info on spiridon bear camp, gentner, a.d.f.g. controversy

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: any info on spiridon bear camp, gentner, a.d.f.g. controversy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bill, I see your point. Their are a lot of people in the world like you. You kick and scream because you did not get your way and you want your money back. I am supposed to believe, just because you say so that the guide was blasting away ? Yeeeeah right. Why do you think he did not feel you hit the bear when you shot ? I think you said the bear never flinched. hmmmm Maybe you shot him with a 22 or one of those new super secret recoiless rifles.It must have been something special for you to be able to tell more than the guide who was watching ! As far as the ADFG rules I could really give a rats behind what you belive. I think you are full of sheep dip and that's about that. Further I was given the Alaskan Professional guides association web site and sent a few mags by another master guide that could not take me because I brought my wife who is also a avid hunter.I tried to famiarize myself with the laws and customs to the best of my ability in advance. Something I rather doubt you did at all. As I said by they end of the first day I understood fully the reasons he does the things he does. Not only is it the law it is good common sense. You have to do your home work. Lots of different ways of doing things in different regions. I am sure you did get dropped by a few people with this story because their is no way to substantiate it. The one thing I keep wondering about is why you went out with this guide if you had such serious reservations about him. Geez. As far as telling the guide what you expected of him I suspect your demeanor played a big role in your "problems". Either way I wish you the best of luck with that story.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is possible. I have never even heard of the store prior to this week so I would have no idea of their policies. Fortunately I am blessed with a trophy room large enough to hold all my trophies.

Posts: 60 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys are breaking my heart. I won't be able to sleep tonight. A USCG grease monkey doesn't like me, an illiterate hayseed from Michigan doesn't agree with me, and the moderator has once again shown his priceless views on the subject. Now I am concerned!!!

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Now you have someone elses trophy in your trophy room. Lucky you. Just what I always wanted a room with someone else's trophies in it, oh boy.

Hey Bill!

Maybe that's how the Sportmans Warehouse feels about out of state hunters displaying their mounts in their Anchorage store?

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Chuckwagon,

That's too bad about the Weatherby ammo!!! I've heard that brand tends to run a bit hot.

Don't sweat Bill G. Even though you experienced a simular situation, you chose to accept responsibility and enjoy the hunt anyways, that's not the route Bills taking.

I've gone from caring about what happened to Bill, to just enjoying watching the show. You may notice that everyone, and every agency, that doesn't agree with Bill get's labeled by him in a negative fashion. Now that includes you!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuckwagon,
I think the way you handled your situation is fantastic, FOR YOU!! Interesting how the guide company already had your money, and you already had the time and flight expense invested, before you found out there was potential to have someone else fill your tag for you. Now you have someone elses trophy in your trophy room. Lucky you. Just what I always wanted a room with someone else's trophies in it, oh boy.

Frankly I have my doubts that you read the game laws that only the guide knows about because they are in a seperate book for guides and transporters not in the ADFG regulations book. Then you counterdict yourself by saying you looked into all the laws and all the local customs. Then why were you put back when the guide told you he was going to shoot your bear?

You go on to say you think it is completely unreasonable for the hunter to show up in camp and tell the guide what you hope to do. I think it is totally unreasonable for the outfitter to not tell you long before he takes your money that all the bears get the guides bullet. Don't be ridiculous. Who's hunt are you paying for yours or his.

The return offer you speak of is four years down the road. You can only hunt Kodiak every (4) years. Providing that doesn't change to maybe longer. If you get drawn in four years. If you are still healthy enough in four years. If the outfitter is still in business in four years. If the outfitter is still healthy or alive in four years. Oh, you obviously didn't consider these facts did you !!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very good, coming from a product of incest that is a much better post, and the spelling has improved considerably. Did you have one of the second grade neighbor kids write that for you. When you are done scrubbing the pots and pans there are some executive's shoes that need polishing, Bill Clinton is coming to town.

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Alright! Some humor from Bill!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
oooooo A hay seed lol I think whats really eating you is that you missed the shot ! You phuked up ! Call the police, dial 911 Hell call Bill Clinton maybe he can get you some favors Let me guess, You live in Bloomfield Hills with all the others that want every thing but don't want to pay for it.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote