THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Wild Sheep Foundation Annual report

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Sheep Foundation Annual report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys,
This is why I joined the Wild Sheep Foundation as a life member. I investigated various groups - DU, RMEF, GSC/Ovis (bad outfit), and others. I joined Wild Sheep Foundation, Dallas Safari Club and NRA as a life member or higher due to their transparency and commitment to what we, as hunters should be about.

This is a link to their annual report detailing where every dollar went and what they do.

I double dog dare every other "conservation" outfit out there to be this transparent.

https://www.wildsheepfoundatio...L.pdf?20161227042835

Posts: 10266 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Which makes it even more curious why such a group would be a sponsor of a show like The Best of the West that airs episodes of someone attempting a head shot on a grizzly bear at over 500 yards . . . or more generically . . . taking extreme long range shots at animals with a meaningful chance of wounding or maiming the animal. It is disappointing that the WSF would not sponsor shows that portray hunters acting in a more responsible and ethical manner.

Mike

Posts: 21380 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Why do we as hunters have to nitpick at great hunting organizations? I'm with dogcat...let's give them a hearty pat on the back for a job well done...sheesh!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
Why do we as hunters have to nitpick at great hunting organizations? I'm with dogcat...let's give them a hearty pat on the back for a job well done...sheesh!

. . . and encourage them to stand behind shows that depict responsible and ethical hunting practices. Not sure how encouraging a good organization to address deficiencies is doing anything more than pushing for a stronger organization, certainly it is not detrimental to the organization.

Mike

Posts: 21380 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Ugh...carry on!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote