Find
Notify
Tools

reloading powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello

I am relocating to Fairbanks. Actually driving up next week. Is powder and primer still real hard to get in AK?

Thanks
Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
Nope....lots of powder and primers now, unless your using retumbo, reloader 22 and for primers: Federal Magnum 215M and 210M. If you come thru Anchorage or the valley(Wasilla) Sportsmans has a ton, Bass pro and Cabelas has a good selection, if you shoot 300 Min mag, get as much brass as you can, unless you want to shoot Nosler and pay $76.99 for a box of 50. Hope this info helps....Chuck

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the kind of powder you're lookin for. Went to 8 stores in Anchorage and the valley and the stores in Fairbanks and no one had Unique, Blue Dot or Win 231. If you need pistol powder, I'd bring some up with you.

Posts: 449 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AKsheephunter,
For what its worth you can get PPU 300 Win. brass from Graffs and Sons for about $5? per hundred and its as good and any brass, mine seems to last forever..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote